Grape Creek ISD
Substitute Teacher Information
STEPS TO BECOME A GRAPE CREEK ISD SUBSTITUTE TEACHER:
1. To apply for a substitute teaching position, complete the Substitute Application located at
the Grape Creek ISD Administration Office at 8207 US HWY 87 NORTH, SAN ANGELO, TX. 76901.
2. Grape Creek ISD conducts substitute teacher orientations during the month of August
prior to the new school year. Potential substitutes are encouraged to apply at any
time throughout the year.
3. Once the HR Department at the Grape Creek ISD Administration Office has received
your completed application, you will be contacted via e-mail regarding fingerprinting
instructions. Senate Bill 9 requires all Grape Creek ISD substitutes to submit digital
fingerprints for a criminal history review. Completion of the fingerprinting process is
not a promise for employment with the district.
***If you have already submitted fingerprints in the State of Texas for education purposes
and we can verify your results, we will contact you about orientation, individual training,
or the next process prior to working on one of our campuses .***
4. Once you have completed your fingerprinting, please submit a copy of the receipt to
the Grape Creek ISD Human Resource Department at the Grape Creek ISD
5. Once HR receives your fingerprinting receipt, we will contact you via e-mail to finalize
the hiring process.
Applicants must have a high school diploma to apply.