Internet Acceptable Use
Grape Creek ISD
Internet Acceptable Use - Safety Policy
Please read the following carefully before signing this legally binding document. If actions of a user violate any of the terms or conditions in this document, access to their account will be instantly terminated until the school's technology committee reviews the action. Upon review of the committee, access will either be reinstated or revoked.
Internet Conditions for Use
1) Acceptable Use - The use of Internet is a privilege, not a right, and inappropriate use will result in a cancellation of those privileges. Appropriate use includes research for class projects and communicating with fellow students in school and throughout the world.
The system administrators and school technology committee will determine what is inappropriate use and their decision is final. The faculty and staff of Grape Creek ISD upon the recommendation of the system administrators and Technology committee may request the administration to deny, revoke, or suspend specific user accounts.
2) Unlawful Transmissions - Transmission of any material in violation of any Federal, State, District or School regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material Or material protected by trade secret. Use for commercial activities, product advertisements or political lobbying is also prohibited.
3) Netiquette - You are expected to abide by the generally accepted rules of network etiquette. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
A) Be polite. Do not get abusive in your messages to others.
B) Use appropriate language. Do not swear, use vulgarities or any other inappropriate language. Illegal activities are strictly forbidden.
C) Do not reveal your personal user ID, password, address or phone number (that includes that of other students or colleagues) to anyone. You can be implicated for the actions of others if your user ID etc. is used while infractions are committed. Intentionally providing computer access (by loaning or sharing your user ID to another person) is also prohibited.
D) Note that electronic mail (E-mail) is not guaranteed to be private. People who operate the system do have access to all mail. All files passing through our network are subject to be viewed or scanned at any time by an administrator. Messages relating to or in support of illegal activities may be reported to the authorities.
E) Do not use the network in such a way that you would disrupt the use of the network by other users and/or waste network resources.
F) All communications and information accessible via the network should be assumed to be private property.
G) Do not access or change others' files or computer accounts.
4) Warranties - Grape Creek ISD makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service provided by and will not be responsible for any damages you suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, nondeliveries, misdeliveries, or service interruptions caused by its own negligence or your errors or omissions. Use of any information obtained via Grape Creek ISD at your own risk. Grape Creek ISD specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services.
5) Security - Security on any computer system is a high priority, especially when the system involves many users. If you feel you can identify a security problem on the Internet, you must notify a system administrator or teacher. Do not demonstrate the problem to other users. Attempts to login to Internet as a system administrator will result in cancellation of user privileges. Any user identified as a security risk or having a history of problems with other computer systems may be denied access to Internet.
6) Vandalism - Vandalism will result in cancellation of privileges. Vandalism is defined as any malicious attempt to harm or destroy data of another user, Internet, or any of the above listed agencies or other networks that are connected to the Internet backbone. This includes, but not limited to, the uploading or creation of computer viruses.
7) Updating Your User Information - Internet may occasionally require new registration and account information from you to continue the service. You must notify the administrators of any changes in your account information (address, etc). Currently, there are no user fees for this service.
8) Acceptance of Terms and Conditions - All terms and conditions as stated in this document are applicable to the Grape Creek ISD users. These terms and conditions reflect the entire agreement of the parties and supersede all prior oral or written agreements and understandings of the parties. I understand and will abide by the above Terms and Conditions for Internet use. I further understand that any violation of the regulations above is unethical and may constitute a criminal offense. Should I commit any violation, my access privileges may be revoked, school disciplinary action will be taken, and if appropriate, legal authorities will be contacted.